[Async-sig] "read-write" synchronization

Dima Tisnek dimaqq at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 04:43:41 EDT 2017

Chris, this led to an interesting discussion, which then went pretty
far from the original concern.

Perhaps you can share your use-case, both as pseudo-code and a link to
real code.

I'm specifically interested to see why/where you'd like to use a
read-write async lock, to evaluate if this is something common or
specific, and if, perhaps, some other paradigm (like queue, worker
pool, ...) may be more useful in general case.

I'm also curious if a full set of async sync primitives may one day
lead to async monitors. Granted, simple use of async monitor is really
a future/promise, but perhaps there are complex use cases in the
UI/react domain with its promise/stream dichotomy.

Cheers,
d.