[Async-sig] async testing question

Dima Tisnek dimaqq at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 13:39:07 EDT 2017

I'd say mock 2nd to `await time.sleep(1); assert False, "should not
happen"` with the earlier just in case test harness or code under test
is broken.

The tricky part is how to cancel your library function at the right
time (i.e. not too early).

You could, perhaps, mock 1st call to
`ensure_future(async_cancel_task())` but imagine that code under test
gets changed to:

async to_be_tested():
  await first()
  logging.debug("...")  # you don't expect event loop interaction
here, but what if?
  await second()
  await third()

If it's all right for your test to fail on such a change, then fine :)
If you consider that unexpected breakage, then I dunno what you can do :P