[Async-sig] Control-C handling in Python and Trio

Dima Tisnek dimaqq at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 15:00:27 EDT 2017

Wow Guido reads fast!

I'm still about 25% into the post (2 days later), and yes, it's a very
diligent, sensible write-up;
I'd love to see more discussion about async cancellation and
it-should-just-work :)
Where is it held?
Perhaps asyncio is not that popular yet?
* 80K "asyncio" hits on github +code +python  # roughly equal to bottle
* 25K "aiohttp", only 7K "ensure_future"  # marginal?
(for comparison 3M hits for "requests" and 15M hits for "django")

What can I or we do to get developers to test these frameworks and validate
ease of use and expected behaviour?
Presentations? Hackatons? Bottom-up? Top-down?

d.