[Async-sig] [python-tulip] Python 3.6b2 will have C implemented Future

Luca Sbardella luca.sbardella at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:16:24 EST 2016

> That shouldn’t happen.  Are you sure you aren’t running them in debug
> mode?  Try to comment out imports of ‘_asyncio’ in futures.py and tasks.py
> and run benchmarks in 3.6 to compare Py Futures to C Futures.
>
> Also, which Python 3.6 version are you using?  Please try to build one
> from the repo, I’ve fixed a couple of bugs since 3.6b2.
>
> Running 3.6-dev from travis, currently b4+.
No debug mode, that is an order of magnitude slower ;-)

Having said that, running another test suite, more asyncio centric, I get
the 3.6-dev running at 68% speed v 3.5.2.
So it looks very good indeed!

Pulsar test suite is large and does not represent asyncio 1:1.
Sorry for confusion, I will investigate further

--
http://lucasbardella.com