[Async-sig] [python-tulip] Python 3.6b2 will have C implemented Future

Yury Selivanov yselivanov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:02:53 EST 2016

> On Nov 18, 2016, at 5:53 PM, Luca Sbardella <luca.sbardella at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But tests taking 1.48 longer to run on average!
> Anything I should know about 3.6 and performance?

That shouldn’t happen.  Are you sure you aren’t running them in debug mode?  Try to comment out imports of ‘_asyncio’ in futures.py and tasks.py and run benchmarks in 3.6 to compare Py Futures to C Futures.

Also, which Python 3.6 version are you using?  Please try to build one from the repo, I’ve fixed a couple of bugs since 3.6b2.

Yury