[Async-sig] Status of asyncio.readthedocs.io ?

Ludovic Gasc gmludo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:18:33 EDT 2016

Hi,

FYI, I've did a workshop with 35 attendees during the Pycon-FR 2016 about
AsyncIO and aiohttp.web.
I used mainly http://asyncio.readthedocs.io/ as course support.

I'm not a professional trainer, nevertheless, everybody seem to be happy.

My main advice is to ask at the beginning of the session the level of each
attendee, and group by level.
Because, when you take a random Python developer in community, you can have
somebody who has already play with the async pattern and AsyncIO, like
(s)he has never read a piece of documentation about async pattern.
You can't have the same approach for both profiles. Ideally, to be 2 or 3
is a good idea, to animate each group.

The list of levels I've used:
1. I never use Python
2. I've rewritten Python scripts
3. I've already use Flask/Django
4. I've did async without AsyncIO
5. I've some troubles with AsyncIO
6. I'm here only to troll about AsyncIO

The latest group is more important than you think: It helps you to add some
humor, and also to split advanced people with you can easily debate without
to "pollute" the other groups who only want to learn AsyncIO and
aiohttp.web.

Thanks for people who has assisted me during the workshop.

Have a nice day.

PS: If you have some tips and tricks to animate AsyncIO workshops, I'm
interested in.

--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)
http://www.gmludo.eu/