[Async-sig] PEP: asynchronous generators

Andrew Svetlov andrew.svetlov at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:49:37 EDT 2016

When you have `await task` line you probably know what task it is, you can
debug and fix it.

But hanging on `loop.close()` because some unknown task hangs looks very
confusing.
The approach gives no clue for what task is malformed.

Users will blame that `loop.close()` hangs forever without any reason or
additional information.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 2:15 PM Герасимов Михаил <Gerasimov-M-N at yandex.ru>
wrote:

> It may wait forever in case of malformed generator implementation.
>

> Yes, but every "await task" can wait forever in case of malformed task
> implementation. We can't do anything in case user will write:
>
> while True:
>    pass
>
> --
Thanks,