[Async-sig] PEP: asynchronous generators

Yury Selivanov yselivanov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:15:47 EDT 2016

> To keep it simple, try thinking like this (and yes, Yury, apologies - this is now a side discussion, and not about this pep):  everything in CPython is async, and if you don't want async, you don't need to know about, you run a single async task and don't need to know more...
>
> Can we get there?
> That would be cool...

So, essentially, something similar to Golang?  I don’t know if that’s possible.  It would require a complete CPython IO layer rewrite, integrating an event loop directly into the core, etc.  The closest thing to that is gevent — no async/await and all IO is non-blocking, but it has its own warts.

Yury