[AstroPy] problem with composed maps and fits files

E. Madison Bray erik.m.bray at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:20:11 EST 2021

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 9:30 AM Evangelia Samara
<evangelia.sam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I would very much appreciate your help in the following, I am stuck to this problem for a long time.
>
> I want to composite two sunpy Maps together, obtain the composited data in a new fits file and save them. I have tried everything but i cannot obtain somehow the composited data together (there is no such function as comp_map.data, for example). Using get.data() function will only give me the data of the one or the other map, separately, while I want the new overplotted data all together.
>
> Do you maybe have a solution on this?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!

Hi Evangelina,

What exactly do you mean by "obtain the composited data in a new FITS
file"?  As I understand it, from both the documentation and looking at
the code, the CompositeMap just saves a list of multiple maps, and
when plotting them overlays one on the other depending on their
relative z-order.

Do you just want the rasterized pixels of the resulting RGB image?