[AstroPy] Astrophotography SW?

Kelle Cruz kellecruz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:05:18 EST 2021

Hi Jim,

I think there is a huge opportunity to build more Astropy resources for
astrophotography! There is already an issue in the astropy-tutorials repo:
https://github.com/astropy/astropy-tutorials/issues/458. While a couple
folks have said they were gonna take a stab at this, I haven't seen or am
aware of any progress. More hands on deck would be most welcome!

Also, if we wanted more serious amateurs, I would be willing to try to
recruit some folks from the Amateur Astronomers Association of New York
<https://www.aaa.org/>. They have some very notable astrophotgraphers among
their ranks. :)

Kelle