[AstroPy] Info LevMarLSQFitter

Diana Scognamiglio dianasco at astro.uni-bonn.de
Tue May 12 04:53:01 EDT 2020

Dear Astropy Staff,
I am Diana Scognamiglio and I have some problems to deep understand how
LevMarLSQFitter works.

  I am trying to fit a mock Sersic galaxy using the LevMarLSQFitter classe,
coding these lines:

ini_mod = EllipSersic2D(flux=ini_flux, r_eff=ini_r_eff, n=ini_n,
x_0=stampsize/2.0, y_0=stampsize/2.0, g1=0.0, g2=0.0)fitter =
fitting.LevMarLSQFitter()fit_mod = fitter(ini_mod, x_array, y_array, stamp,
weights=weights, maxiter = 1000, acc=1.0e-7, epsilon=1.0e-6,
estimate_jacobian=False)
I have figured out that if I change the initial parameters in ini_mod (i.e.,
ini_flux, ini_r_eff, etc), I counterintuitively obtain always a different
result although the galaxy I am fitting is the same. How does the fit depend
on those initial parameters?
Please, can you help me with this issue?
Thank you in advance.
I wait for hearing from you.
Best regards,
Diana Scognamiglio