[AstroPy] Call for proposals: Inclusion, Diversity, and Empowerment

Moritz Günther moritz.guenther at gmx.de
Tue Aug 11 06:35:12 EDT 2020

Hi,

I want to clarify one point about this call for proposals:

Proposals can come from anywhere on the planet and can be used to fund
projects almost anywhere. The money is provided by a grant from the
private Moore foundation, which does not restrict the use of the money
to the US. However, the funds are hold in a US bank account, so we
cannot transfer them to a country where the US imposes financial
sanctions (e.g. Iran, North Korea).

The Astropy Project contributors are heavily concentrated in "Western"
countries and widening participation is a valid goal.

Please use this issue: https://github.com/astropy/project/issues/120 for
any further questions that come up and check that issue for any further
clarifications.

Yours,
Moritz