[AstroPy] reproject and flux conservation

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 13:49:00 EDT 2019

Hi Yannick,

By default, reproject preserves surface brightness rather than flux - so
for now if you want to preserve flux, you'll need to multiply the final
image by the ratio of the pixel area after reprojection to the pixel area
before reprojection.

See also https://github.com/astropy/reproject/issues/68 for a related issue.

Cheers,
Tom