[AstroPy] glue v0.15 released

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 12:51:39 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce the release of *glue v0.15*!

For anyone not familiar with this package, *glue* is a Python library and
application for multidimensional and linked data exploration, which you can
find out about at http://glueviz.org

*Changes in this release*
An overview of the main changes in this release is available here:

  http://docs.glueviz.org/en/stable/whatsnew/whatsnew.html

The most significant changes are as follows:

   - The link editor interface has been improved, and it is now possible to
   - The table viewer has been improved to make it possible to show only
   rows in certain subsets
   - The rendering of the image viewer is now improved when showing
   multiple datasets together
   - The 3D volume rendering viewers can now show together datasets that
   are linked but not on the same pixel grid
   - It is now possible to define functions to automatically identify links
   of interest in your datasets and have glue suggest them

You can read about these changes in more detail at the link above. In
addition, this release includes many bug fixes and improvements in
usability.

*Installing/updating glue*
As usual, we recommend installing glue using the Anaconda Python
Distribution. To get the latest version of glue (v0.15), you will need to
make sure you use the glueviz conda channel. If you are using the conda
command, this means that you need to do:

  conda install -c glueviz glueviz=0.15

If you want to use the Anaconda launcher or navigator to install glue without
using the command-line, take a look at the instructions on our website
<http://docs.glueviz.org/en/stable/installation/installation.html> to find
out how to get the latest version. We also provide instructions for other
installation methods, including pip.

Please let us know if you run into any issues installing or using glue -
you can either let us know by email (by replying to this email off-list),
by opening a GitHub issue <https://github.com/glue-viz/glue/issues/new>, or
you can join the glue slack channel
<http://docs.glueviz.org/en/stable/help.html> and chat with us there.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

- Thomas Robitaille, on behalf of the glue team