[AstroPy] Alt-Az Splitting a Fisheye Image

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 12 15:44:36 EST 2019

Hi Mohammad,

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 11:47:56 +0300, Mohammad Shameoni Niaei wrote:
> The problem:
> I want to train the machine for parts of the sky. And for this, I want to
> chop the image data into pieces. These pieces can be polygons(This part is
> not the problemn) or Alt-Az(This is the problem) areas. And I want to use
> the Numpy masks (The problem can be solved using a nested loop. But that
> would be inefficient I think).

You may be interested in the skimage draw module, that does some of the
mask generation:

https://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/api/skimage.draw.html#skimage.draw.polygon2mask

Although, from what you write above it sounds like you have challenges
in generating the polygon coordinates from coordinates; I hope someone
else here can help out with that part!

Best regards,
Stéfan