[AstroPy] Project Examples

Kenneth Adam Miller kennethadammiller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:01:42 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm a PhD student at Purdue university, and I'm working on some private
endeavors on my own. I would like to describe them at length to someone who
might be interested in cooperating or helping.

I want to automate the process of creating human-usable galaxy and
astronomy pictures from raw telescope data. I need some python examples
that allow me to:

   1. Pull disparate wavelength data from a remote server so that the
   coordinates and time are coherent
   2. Process the result into an image of an arbitrary size and precision
   3. Designate the wavelength interval mappings

Is there anyone that would be willing to talk to me on the phone shortly? I
want to communicate my project goals in the hopes that perhaps there are
some existing software libraries that can be shared or explained at length
or a mailing list. I've crawled the webpages for information, although some
of what I've asked might be there, I think the contact would always be
helpful in the least.