[AstroPy] bintable with two different length entries.

Indrajit Vittal Barve indrajit at iiap.res.in
Fri Jan 12 05:33:53 EST 2018

Hello astropy list,

I am new to the "from astropy.io import fits". I do have a dynamic
spectrum of 2D array data x-axis - time and y-axis freq. 2000 X 401
array size, Where if I use the following lines

     col1=fits.Column(name='TIME',format='E',array=tt)
     col2=fits.Column(name='FREQ',format='E',array=freq)
     cols = fits.ColDefs([col1, col2])

its generate the 2000 X 2 columns. On the second column filled with
zeros after 401. I need to generate a bintable with two axis values.

Thanks

Indrajit