[AstroPy] astropy.samp

salome philippe.salome at obspm.fr
Tue Dec 18 10:18:36 EST 2018

Hi,

I am new on this list, but I am an astronomer using astropy. I recently noticed a pb when trying to send a FITS file from a serveur to ds9 via SAMP (while it works perfectly well with the same file from the same serveur via SAMP to Aladin, same code, 2 clients open).

I followed the docs here : http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/samp/example_table_image.html#sending-an-image-to-ds9-and-aladin <http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/samp/example_table_image.html#sending-an-image-to-ds9-and-aladin>.

—> It works well with Aladin
—> It does not work with ds9

Does anyone already encountered this pb ?
Thanks !

---
Philippe Salomé
LERMA, Observatoire de Paris

=================

The pop-up ds9 error message is the following
« File not Found or Unable to load FITS data MIME type text/plain »

With :

Python 3.7.0 (default, Jun 28 2018, 07:39:16)
Type 'copyright', 'credits' or 'license' for more information
IPython 6.5.0 -- An enhanced Interactive Python. Type '?' for help.

And :

In [3]: astropy.__version__
Out[3]: ‘3.0.4’

And :

SAO Image Ds9 version 7.6

The script :

===
from astropy.samp import SAMPHubServer
hub = SAMPHubServer()
hub.start()

from astropy.samp import SAMPIntegratedClient
client = SAMPIntegratedClient()
client.connect()

params = {}
params["name"] = "My data"
params["url"]='http://myserver.fr/~mydirectory/myfile.fits <http://myserver.fr/~mydirectory/myfile.fits>'

message = {}
message["samp.mtype"] = 'image.load.fits'
message["samp.params"] = params

client.get_registered_clients()
client.notify_all(message)
client.disconnect()