[AstroPy] Convolution of NumPy arrays of arbitrary dimension

Jacob Vanderplas jakevdp at cs.washington.edu
Fri Aug 10 19:51:50 EDT 2018

Hi Foad,
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding something, but does scipy.ndimage.convolve
not address your use case? It implements N-dimensional convolution:

from scipy.ndimage import convolveimport numpy as np

x = np.random.rand(10, 10, 10, 10)
w = np.ones((3, 3, 3, 3))

result = convolve(x, w)

Best,
   Jake

 Jake VanderPlas
 Senior Data Science Fellow
 Director of Open Software
 University of Washington eScience Institute