[AstroPy] Earth Orientation Parameters

Shubham Kanodia shbhuk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:31:25 EDT 2017

Hi,
I am looking for a way to query the IERS bulletin and obtain the Earth
Orientation Parameters in Python. The analogue of the IDL hprstatn.pro
<https://harrisgeospatial.com/docs/hprstatn.html> procedure.
Just checking if this is implemented in some form in Astropy. I know that I
can query the IERS bulletin and obtain the table, but is the final product
already done?
My end goal is to obtain the x,y,z,vx,vy,vz of an observatory wrt the
barycenter taking into consideration these movements.
Has anyone worked on this before, or has any tips?

*Shubham Kanodia*