[AstroPy] SciCoder 9 Workshop Announcement, Vanderbilt University

Demitri Muna demitri.muna at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:37:50 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am happy to announce the ninth SciCoder workshop, being held at and hosted by Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. This workshop may be of interest to young researchers (graduate students and postdocs), and it is designed to introduce modern programming practices, languages, and tools as specifically applicable to scientific research. The workshop includes hands-on coding and data analysis. (Feel free to insert the words “big data”, “data science”, and/or “astroinformatics” to taste.) A limited number of seats are available to ensure a personalized experience. This program has been very successful over the past seven years and we've received a lot of positive feedback; we look forward to seeing this year's participants! We are extremely grateful for Vanderbilt's sponsorship this year.

This year the workshop is being held from July 31-August 4, 2017. Applications are now being accepted through 23 June 2016 (with early acceptance if needed). Further details about the workshop can be found here:

http://scicoder.org

A poster is available from the web site for download and would make a great addition to that bulletin board you walked by this morning.

If your institution is interested in hosting a future SciCoder workshop, please don't hesitate to contact me. I've had particular demand for the workshop on the US west coast and in Europe.

Finally, I'm seeking feedback from anyone who has attended the workshop in the past or has sent a student to one. If you have a few minutes to provide any comments, I'd greatly appreciate it!

http://bit.do/scicoder-feedback

Cheers,
Demitri

Demitri Muna
http://muna.com <http://muna.com/>

Center for Cosmology and AstroParticle Physics
& Department of Astronomy
An Ohio State University

My Projects:
http://nightlightapp.io <http://nightlightapp.io/>