[AstroPy] Fitting a 2D Gaussian Model

Bruno O. Sánchez bruno.sanchez.63 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:52:47 EST 2017

Hello!

I'm currently playing with the modeling module,
using models and fitting, and I have encountered difficulties
in how to understand the values of theta that the fit delivers.

I'm looping through several ellipticities, and I obtain theta angle values
that can bu up to a several hundred, even in negative values.

This is the code snippet to fit the gaussians is on this link.
http://dpaste.com/3HW8J4Y

The output I've got is pasted here:
http://dpaste.com/3SJ6DDP

Could someone help me to understand why is this happening?
As something intesting if I plot the true and fitted gaussian using
pyplot.imshow()
they look pretty similar.

Thanks!
--