[AstroPy] zhtools / pywavelet

Pascale Hibon phibon at eso.org
Tue Oct 25 09:31:09 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I would like to use the pywavelet package to run a “a trous” wavelet decomposition on an image.
There is a function called wvdecomp in the zhtools package (not a python package) which does it. But I would like to find the equivalent in python.
After reading some documentations, it seems that the pywavelet swt2 function could be used but a wavelet family need to be selected.
I was wondering if some of you have some experiences with pywavelet and have recommendation on how to use a “a trous” wavelet decomposition with python.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Pascale