[AstroPy] Where is the cache file de430.bsp in local machine?

Erik Tollerud erik.tollerud at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:21:33 EST 2016

I know this is pretty old... But because it's easy and I just noticed
it I'll answer:  the file does *not* get downloaded under the name
de430.bsp .  It gets put in the astropy download cache under a hash.
http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/utils/#id15 describes the functions
for manipulating that - you can use "is_url_in_cache" to check if
something is actually in the cache, or "clear_download_cache" to clear
it.
---
Erik T