[AstroPy] astropy vs. casa coordinate transformations?

Erik Tollerud erik.tollerud at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:18:27 EST 2016

There's a *place* for this in the form of this repo:
https://github.com/astropy/coordinates-benchmark

Although it doesn't have any of the CASA coordinate systems. It looks like
all of the CASA coordinate systems are already in Astropy. (assuming
https://casa.nrao.edu/docs/cookbook/casa_cookbook014.html#sec587 is the
complete list?) So you can probably do a complete comparison.  The one
catch is that the CASA systems don't quite map completely onto the concept
astropy has for a coordinate "Frame" (
http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/coordinates/definitions.html).  But it
looks to me like all of the things CASA lists have a direct analog...?

---
Erik T