[AstroPy] Rotate an image and create new FITS header with updated astrometry

Demitri Muna demitri.muna at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:13:54 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm actually quite interested in this question too.

On Nov 15, 2016, at 11:02 AM, Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu> wrote:

>   I didn't know they didn't flux conserve. You should file a bug report.  They love those.

It's a question of algorithm; not a bug. While a bug report won't hurt, I wouldn't expect a "fix" in the short term.

>  I know the equivalent routine in miriad (regrid) does conserve flux, but it's normally used on radio data with a well described beam. Not that your data doesn't have those, but in a bind that's another way.

miriad is the tool I'm most familiar with for doing this. Surely there are other tools?

Cheers,
Demitri

Demitri Muna
Center for Cosmology and AstroParticle Physics
& Department of Astronomy
Ohio State University

http://muna.com <http://muna.com/>
muna at astronomy.ohio-state.edu <mailto:muna at astronomy.ohio-state.edu>