[AstroPy] Writing CDS-format ASCII tables

Paul Kuin npkuin at gmail.com
Thu May 12 06:57:53 EDT 2016

The output from anafile is mainly the format table. There needs to be
further editing for
the description, notes to the table, etc.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Aldcroft, Thomas <
aldcroft at head.cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Wow, thanks for the heads-up!  It would be excellent to take this code
> into astropy.io.ascii to provide a CDS writer.  Unfortunately the pyreadme
> code there has no license that I can find, so I just sent mail to CDS
> asking about this.
>
> - Tom
>
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Paul Kuin <npkuin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, anafile is the one. It is also very handy for checking the table.
>>
>> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 5:31 PM, August (Gus) Muench <
>> august.fly at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yep. CDS --  http://cds.u-strasbg.fr/resources/doku.php?id=anafile
>>>
>>> The line, "Download Python package for ReadMe generation V1.1" --
>>> pyReadme, an astropy based tool.
>>>
>>> I was suppose to work on this (CDS table writing) over the past year but
>>> just haven't had time.
>>>
>>>  - gus
>>>

>>> ----------
>>> August (Gus) Muench
>>> august.fly at gmail.com
>>> @augustmuench

>> --

* * * * * * * * http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~npmk/ * * * *
Dr. N.P.M. Kuin      (n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk)
phone +44-(0)1483 (prefix) -204111 (work)
mobile +44(0)7806985366  skype ID: npkuin
Mullard Space Science Laboratory  – University College London  –
Holmbury St Mary – Dorking – Surrey RH5 6NT–  U.K.