[AstroPy] UserWarning When Opening FITS File

j. vickroy jgv.home at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:43:05 EST 2016

------ Original Message ------
From: "Demitri Muna" <demitri.muna at gmail.com>
To: "j. vickroy" <jgv.home at gmail.com>
Sent: 3/6/2016 10:29:10 AM
Subject: Re: [AstroPy] UserWarning When Opening FITS File

>On Mar 6, 2016, at 12:24 PM, j. vickroy <jgv.home at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>My preference is to avoid these distributions -- mostly because of a
>>frustrating experience with Canopy a few years back.
>>
>>Do you use the Anaconda distribution on Microsoft Windows?  If so, any
>>issues with it?
>
>I’ve never used Windows. I used to use the Enthought distribution, but
>over time it became more difficult to work with. By the time they
>introduced Canopy I switched over to Anaconda. It’s a very good, easy
>to use distribution. Give it a try; it’s well worth it.
>
>If you prefer, you can just install it and pretend it’s a standalone
>installation, but the “conda” package manager is very easy to use. You
>can still use pip to install anything you want, but if you use conda
>for the packages Anaconda maintains, you won’t run into the
>dependency/library problems you have.

Ok, I will take a look at Anaconda again.  A few years ago (post
Canopy), I tried Anaconda and discovered a bug (not present in the
standard C-Python distribution) in one of the libraries.  I reported the
bug and did receive a response from tech support, but the time-line. to
release a fix, was months so I moved on.