[AstroPy] seeking feedback on how to process seismic images from astronomers

Shui Kwok skwok at keck.hawaii.edu
Sat Apr 18 23:25:24 EDT 2015

Hi Mark,

I used to write software for seismic data processing many years ago.
As I remember, the state of the seismic data processing software was quite advanced.  Most of the software used in the oil and gas exploration industry was (maybe still is) commercial, proprietary and expensive because there was a lot of money to be made. There are open source packages, but they are for educational proposes and not for production.

The commercial packages also offer excellent visualization features. I'm not going to mention any brands or products here, but they are easy to find. May be their product information can give you new ideas.

Shui