[AstroPy] Interested in a wavelet toolbox?

Amara Graps amara at konteur.com
Thu Apr 2 14:47:43 EDT 2015

Greetings astropy-ers,

I'm proposing the development of a wavelet library in Python to a
(European Commission) funding agency and I'll need beta testing
of some parts. I think it would be especially great to have the
library be incorporated into AstroPy after it's written and tested
because the funds for maintenance would end when the project ends..
yet astronomers continue to love wavelets.

Some large part of my Python wavelet library would be built upon this
well-established (general purpose) Matlab toolbox:

http://statweb.stanford.edu/~wavelab/Wavelab_850/index_wavelab850.html

Does this sound useful and interesting to this group? If it does, please
reply to graps at psi.edu. I'm gathering documentation of the AstroPy user
community's interest and my testing and maintenance methodology in order
to help the project get funded.

Thanks very much in advance!

Sincerely,
Amara

Amara Graps, PhD
Lead Researcher,  University of Latvia
Astronomijas institūts, Raiņa bulvāris 19, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
amara at lu.lv  +371 / 28853907
and
Senior Scientist, Planetary Science Institute (PSI, USA),
Aleksandra Caka iela, 96-31,
Riga, Latvia LV-1011
http://www.psi.edu/about/staff/graps/graps.html
graps at psi.edu  +1 / 644-6250