[AstroPy] IAU Commission for Astronomical Software?

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Mon Sep 29 08:00:06 EDT 2014

Hi All

I presume this issue will come up at ADASS next week, I had "sort of"
assumed
it would be absorbed in Comm.5 , which is about Data and Libraries.  Some
software (SOFA) was already part of this body (but not in Libraries, where
they mean the other overloaded paper thing).

In another group (theory/modeliing) I also overheard a desire to
organize software,
so hopefully this will not cause us to have two groups of software.

Of course the ASCL would be very interested in this as well, but that's
a given.

So, those at ADASS next week will hear more, and I suppose we'll report
back here

peter