[AstroPy] HTM ID Tools in Python

Kaustubh Waghmare kaustubh.waghmare at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:08:34 EDT 2014

Hi Erin,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I have raised an issue as suggested
by you.

While I am at it, let me be a little more greedy ;) and ask mote questions
-

* Am I right in understanding that there is not straightforward class
method which can accept an RA, DEC and radius and output all HTM ID ranges
which will enable doing a cone search on a database for which HTM IDs have
been populated?

* If yes, can you point to any literature / resource which will help me
come up with such a code? So, in other words I am trying to code something
of the form "ConeSearch_withHTMid(ra, dec, radius)"? I believe this is
already being achieved by the API at www.skyserver.org but unfortunately,
as I understand, this works only for SQL Server 2005. This is explained at
the following page:
http://www.skyserver.org/HTM/HtmAPI/html/index.html

Thanks once again for all the help.

Cheers,