[AstroPy] WCS reprojection

David Berry d.berry at jach.hawaii.edu
Wed Jun 11 14:30:34 EDT 2014

On 11 June 2014 19:10, Stuart Mumford <stuart at mumford.me.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a way to change the projection of my solar image data.
> Specifically to re-project my TAN projected helioprojective Cartesian data
> array into a CAR Plate carree projected heliographic map.

pyast can do that sort of thing. The attached script will re-project a
given input image so that it aligned with a given reference image. So
if your input image is in TAN projection and you can create a
reference image in CAR projection, it should do the job. If you do not
have a CAR image, the script could be modified to create a suitable
header for you from scratch.

David