[AstroPy] Talk on Python and the LSST data processing system

Aldcroft, Thomas aldcroft at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 9 17:56:33 EDT 2014

Last week at the Center for Astrophysics we had a talk in our Code Coffee
series by Mario Juric, who is the LSST Data Management Project Scientist.
 In addition to discussion of the mind blowing computing requirements, he
showed that the Data Processing System is being built in Python wherever
possible, and in an open development environment.  This is all really
awesome stuff and I wanted to share the talk abstract and slides from
Mario's site:

http://research.majuric.org/wp/talk-cfa-jun-4-2014/

Cheers,
Tom