[AstroPy] Buridan's ass-----what combo should I choose?

Оlе Ѕtrеісhеr astropy at liska.ath.cx
Thu Aug 14 14:12:10 EDT 2014

"gonghang.naoc" <ghang.naoc at gmail.com> writes:
> I reinstalled my system just now. The previsous system had a mess of
> python modules with chaotic dependency. Could somebody please give me
> a simple list to instll? Potentially I need numpy,scipy,epd,
> ureka,iraf,pyraf, anaconda or somethig else which you can suggest.
> A simple and versatile combo is the best.

Since this was not mentioned yet: If you are using a Linux distribution
(Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mageia etc.) it may be worth checking whether
the packages you need are already there. Then the simplest solution
would be a "apt-get install whatever-you-like" and be lucky. The nice
thing is that it then works (well, in theory) out of the box. And is
updated automatically (or not, if you manually put the package on hold).

If the package you need is still not there and you want to help us
completing the selection, you are very welcome. Even if you don't want
to do the packaging yourself, it is useful to know, which packages are
actually needed.

Best regards

Ole