[AstroPy] Write machine readable tables in Python?

Derek Homeier derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Apr 10 18:57:44 EDT 2014

On 11 Apr 2014, at 12:21 am, Leo Singer <lsinger at caltech.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool for writing Machine Readable Tables (CDS format) in Python? I know that astropy.table and asciitable can read them, but I need to write one.

ATpy came with write support various ascii formats:

http://atpy.readthedocs.org/en/stable/format_ascii.html

The core of this has made it afaik into astropy.table; a quick look at the Table.write documentation
did not show any explicit mention of CDS, but I’d think it should not be too difficult to
reproduce the functionality.

Cheers,
					Derek