[AstroPy] help with i2py software

Morris Stranger ma.stranger at o2.co.uk
Mon Sep 23 08:11:22 EDT 2013

I'm having trouble using the i2py software. I have very little knowledge of computers (mainly just using my computer for the internet and downloading simple files). I am saying this because when someone gave me help last time, whilst I was very grateful, he was instructing me to do things that were beyond my knowledge. I want to get the i2py software working as a translator on my computer. My knowledge of python isn't very good either (I know how to make simple programs and how to work a bit with Numpy but nothing fancy).  I downloaded the software from this link: http://code.google.com/p/i2py/downloads/detail?name=i2py-0.1.0.zip&can=2&q=
and I got a folder of files but I don't know beyond that how to get the IDl2python translator up and running. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.

Thank You,

Morris Stranger