[AstroPy] X marks the spot

Tim Jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 15:27:55 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Demitri Muna <demitri.muna at gmail.com>wrote:

> If I have a FITS file and a coordinate, does anyone have a template piece
> of code that would load the image, display it, and draw an x on the
> coordinate(s) I provide?

pyast is designed for this. The Plot classes are specifically there to
support what you are asking. You define a Plot and then a mapping from your
world coordinates to the plot window. It goes both ways so supports the
feedback of you getting an ra/dec from a position on the plot as well as
putting markers and lines on the plot using ra/dec.

--
Tim Jenness