[AstroPy] AstroPy Digest, Vol 80, Issue 16

Paul Kuin npkuin at gmail.com
Tue May 28 16:57:23 EDT 2013

Wow!

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Robert Lupton the Good <
rhl at astro.princeton.edu> wrote:

> > BTW, Python can just call all those fancy C++ routines and provide
> wrappers.
>
> We're calling it all from python, using swig.  That's not the problem; the
> problem is convincing people to install quite a deep software stack (and
> providing documentation now, when there's not a lot of money or people).
>
> > At the same time, I wonder if that LSST software can be used freely or
> will have export restrictions ?
>
> And all the code's on github, under the GPL (v3).

* * * * * * * * http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~npmk/ * * * *
Dr. N.P.M. Kuin      (n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk)
phone +44-(0)1483 (prefix) -204927 (work) -276110 (home)
mobile +44(0)7806985366  skype ID: npkuin
Mullard Space Science Laboratory  – University College London  –
Holmbury St Mary – Dorking – Surrey RH5 6NT–  U.K.