[AstroPy] Centering saturated images

Ian Crossfield ianc at mpia-hd.mpg.de
Tue Jul 30 08:54:56 EDT 2013

Maria,

A few ideas:
--One possibility might be to use a "least-asymmetry" centering approach
after masking out the saturated pixels (described, at least briefly, in
http://arxiv.org/abs/1010.4591).
--If your sources are bright enough to show diffraction spikes, these
should go through the PSF center and you may be able to calculate a
centroid from this.

Good luck,
-Ian Crossfield