[AstroPy] A replacement for the FITS format.

Erik Bray embray at stsci.edu
Mon Jul 22 10:25:49 EDT 2013

On 07/19/2013 02:21 PM, Demitri Muna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> See introduction in the email "The trouble with FITS". The Google document I created for this is here:
>
> http://bit.ly/1dKcKih
>
> Cheers,
> Demitri

I think that the last bullet point could use clarification.  The way I might
word this is that it should be possible to order table data in row-order or
column-order depending on how it is most likely to be accessed.  This is of
course a determination that would have to be made by the user, and sometimes
there is no right answer (but where there is a right answer it should be
possible to do).