[AstroPy] Log rebin in python?

John K. Parejko john.parejko at yale.edu
Tue Feb 12 10:46:17 EST 2013

I ported the Michele Cappellari's logrebin.pro, which might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it does something very similar.

http://fiddlernet.net/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=dev&path=%2Fpython%2Flogrebin.py

There's a download link in the upper right.

If someone wants to add this to astropy, feel free.

John

On 12Feb 2013, at 07:32, Eric Emsellem wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was wondering if you would know of a simple package/module which would allow
> one to rebin/resample a 'spectrum' from linear to log(lambda) (and the other way
> around). It is not much to write it, but before I do so, I would like to know if
> someone else did it (I would guess the answer is yes).
>
> So a function which takes two 1D arrays: Lambda_lin, Flux and convert it in
> Lambda_log and Flux, conserving the flux.
>
> I see that Ian Crossfield has something like that on the web. But just wondering
> if something exists as a stand-alone module.
>
> thanks!
>
> Eric

John Parejko
john.parejko at yale.edu