[AstroPy] Coordinates

Matthew Craig mcraig at mnstate.edu
Wed Dec 18 14:13:01 EST 2013

Hi,

> pip install --upgrade astropy

A heads-up…this will also try to upgrade any packages on which astropy depends that also has newer version, including some, like numpy, that can take a very long time to compile.

If you want to upgrade astropy but *not* any of the packages on which it depends add the --no-deps option:

pip install --no-deps --upgrade astropy

upgrades astropy but nothing else.

Matt Craig

On sabbatical 2013-14: email is the best way to reach me
----
Professor
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Minnesota State University Moorhead