[AstroPy] Unified file read method without opening file?

Duncan Macleod duncan.macleod at ligo.org
Fri Dec 13 01:05:12 EST 2013

Hi all,

I’m a big fan of the astropy unified file read/write interface, and have used it in a project for reading gravitational-wave data. Is there a way to not have the astropy.io.registry.read method open all file paths if format=None, the lower-level methods that then get called take in filepaths themselves, not open files (e.g. h5py.File) and I don’t want to then have two open copies of the same file?

Thanks
Duncan
--
Duncan Macleod