[AstroPy] python and webcameras.

Eyal Saiet ejsaiet at alaska.edu
Fri Aug 9 05:33:48 EDT 2013

Hello friends,
I would like to create a python script to actively look at the stars. The
idea is using a good webcamera, and the script takes every 40 seconds a
bunch of pictures and stacks them to get good intensities of the stars.

It seems that some astronomers do that by running the camera on a video
mode and then adding the frames?! But video is inherently low quality so
stacking low quality frames is not my preferred path.

Have you done anything similar with python and a webcamera?
Thanks

--
Eyal Saiet