[AstroPy] Enthought Canopy vs. another distribution for Mac?

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:25:32 EDT 2013

Even though I wrote the MacPorts Python guide, if you want to get set
up quickly, then I'm going to +1 Anaconda - it's certainly the fastest
and easiest way to get set up, and you'll automatically get Astropy
(which is included by default), and you won't have to worry about root
vs non-root issues since Anaconda is installed into your home
directory.

Cheers,
Tom