[AstroPy] Heliocentric Velocity Correction

Scott Ransom sransom at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 13 15:58:06 EDT 2012

Hi Vivienne,

There are heliocentric velocity routines which have many of the major
observatories in pyslalib (which wraps the GPL'd version of SLALIB).
See the sla_earth routine for a description (and for a way of getting
even more accurate values).

https://github.com/scottransom/pyslalib

Scott

PS:  There is a _lot_ of other high-quality functionality in SLALIB
(which is all wrapped by pyslalib) as well...

On 03/13/2012 03:24 PM, Vivienne Baldassare wrote:
> Is there a python function for calculating the heliocentric velocity
> correction?  I found one called helcorr.py in the Astrolibpy library but
> am curious if there is another one worth considering.  In particular, I
> noticed that the major observatories aren't in by default.  If this is
> the only one, is it worth me improving this one?
>
> Best,
> Vivienne Baldassare

Scott M. Ransom            Address:  NRAO
Phone:  (434) 296-0320               520 Edgemont Rd.
email:  sransom at nrao.edu             Charlottesville, VA 22903 USA
GPG Fingerprint: 06A9 9553 78BE 16DB 407B  FFCA 9BFA B6FF FFD3 2989