[AstroPy] Heliocentric Velocity Correction

gonghang.naoc ghang.naoc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 03:58:29 EDT 2012

Hi,according to the link below,the 3d velocity we get from astrolib has
nothing to do with the observatory position.My question is  the 3d velocity
is just the velocity of earth center?As the author claimed the precision
level is cm/s, is it necessary to  input the  longtitude, latitude and
elevation of the observatory?

Thank you!

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~ianc/python/astrolib.htmlIDL> baryvel, jd, 2000,
vh, vb, /jpl ;JPL ephemeris==> vh = [-17.07236, -22.81126, -9.889419]
;Heliocentric km/s ==> vb = [-17.08083, -22.80484, -9.886409] ;Barycentric
km/s