[AstroPy] reading one line from many small fits files

Wolfgang Kerzendorf wkerzendorf at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:34:21 EDT 2012

I have been following this discussion with interest. My two cents: I think PyFits is fast enough for what the most common operations and provides much more functionality. BUT fitsio is useful for iterating over many little files (as shown), I don't think integrating one into the other is useful. They are both useful for different applications.

These email discussions again remind me that we need to have a designated area where to put HOWTOs/examples. This email trail is basically a HOWTO and we should make sure that it doesn't get lost.

Can we get a section on Astropy.org for examples and HOWTOs (publically editably wiki/ for now freeform)

Cheers
   Wolfgang