[AstroPy] Using MacPorts for Python

David Johnston dave31415 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:02:45 EST 2011

Yes, I have found it to work well. It is probably the best way to install
these packages on Mac.

I have found that a few things do not install. I think wxpython was one of
those. Some packages are not available at Mac ports so you should install
those using pip or easyinstall with the --user flag which install them in
your home directory.
Dave